Marriage is a beautiful thing, especially Black marriage. There have been so many young, Black couples that have gotten engaged this year and are planning and counting down to their 2017 wedding dates. It’s a relief to know that real black love still exists and that our strong Black queens are still falling head over heels for our strong Black kings. It is good to know that we are not giving up on each other.
So with the each new engagement and wedding, we want our young couples to know that after the wedding and honeymoon things well get REAL! And of course we have all heard that marriage is HARD WORK but that it is also the most cherished gift that God has given us.
With that said we have complied a list of the marriage commandments that will help your marriage flourish so that you will see your union being blessed beyond, 10, 20, 30, and more years. Remember to keep these few things in mind and your marriage will be worthwhile and it the journey will be easier.
- Keep God first.
- Pray together.
- Respect and honor each other!
- Encourage each other to grow together!
- Read the Bible together as much as possible.
- Be swift to hear and slow to speak.
- Take time to communicate with each other.
- Protect and honor your marriage vows.
- Do not let others come between you and your spouse.
- Have a “mission” statement for your marriage and family.
- Understand that love is a choice, not merely a feeling.